This course prepares students in the basics of logistics and supply chain and supply chain’s roles within organizations. The course includes defining supply chain management and the various domains within supply chain (i.e., customer service, manufacturing and service operations, order management, procurement and supply management, demand planning, inventory management, warehousing operations, and transportation operations). It includes an explanation of how the supply chain supports organizations’ strategic and financial goals.
- Developed by Chartered Supply Chain Management Professionals/Experts
- Accredited by Chartered Institute of Supply Chain Management
- Fully online course and assessment with no time limits
- Minimum of 4 Hours Study/ Reading Per Day
- Minimum Duration: 10 Weeks
- Course Fee: $250 USD
Who Should Take This Course?
This course is suitable for all professionals who wish to improve on, or learn more about, logistics and supply chain management skills. This course has been designed as an introduction to logistics and supply chain management training course and so no pre-requisites are required. The training is suitable for all levels of worker, with full explanations of all terms and techniques used.
- Receiving, Shipping, Putaway, Picking, and Packing Clerks, Operators, Analysts, Supervisors, and Managers
- Customer Service, Order Management, Warehouse, Terminal, Crossdock, and Distribution Center administrators, clerks, analysts, supervisors, and managers
- Supply Chain and Logistics Managers, Analysts, Consultants, Supervisors, Technologists Planners and Engineers
- Business and Systems Analysts
- Supply Chain Education and Human Resource Management personnel
- Inventory Planners
- Distribution and Warehouse Operations Managers, Supervisors, Planners, Consultants, and Analysts
- Order Management Supervisors, Managers, Analysts
- Demand Planners, Supply Planners, Forecast Analysts, Forecasting Managers
- Manufacturing analysts, Manufacturing supervisors, Manufacturing clerks, Manufacturing Managers
- Service Operations supervisors, Service Operations Managers
- Inventory Managers, Inventory Clerks, Inventory Analysts
- Inventory Cycle Counters
- Transportation Planners, Transportation Clerks, Transportation Analysts, Transportation Managers
Certification and Accreditation
All of our courses are accredited by the Chartered Institute of Supply Chain Management Certification Service as conforming to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines. The courses offered by the College are unique as they take a very “hands on” approach. Our courses are not designed to teach you just the “theory” behind the industry – they are written and tutored by industry professionals and will fast-track you into a new career of your choice.
Sample Certificate (click to view)
How Does This Online Training Work?
Once you register for your course of study, you’ll receive a log-in and password for the online page. When you log-in, you’ll have access to the practice examination, study pack or pdf materials and other resources.
After you’ve gone through these materials and feel ready to take the examination, you can schedule yourself for the online examination.
The course is divided into 13 accessible, interactive modules and includes an assessment at the end:
- The Role Of Information Technology (It) In Managing And Controlling Goods And Resources
- Moving Goods
- Transportation Of Hazardous Goods
- Managing The Distribution Function
- Fleet Management
- Distribution Planning
- Controlling Inventories In The Distribution Channel
- Internal Distribution
- International Distribution
- Environmental Consideration In Logistics Management
- Measuring And Controlling Performance
Aims of the Course
By the end of this course learners will:
- Be able to define negotiation and its key terms and be able to recognise logistics and supply chain management situations.
- Understand the importance of knowledge and research in and supply chain management, including identifying the problem, objectives and the other party.
- Understand the importance of body language and listening skills.
- Be able to negotiate successfully by avoiding common mistakes, use different and supply chain management strategies and understand how to close a deal.
- Understand common problems and difficulties and know how to overcome them.
- Be aware of long distance and intercultural negotiations and know how to negotiate via telephone or e-mail.
Assessment /Online Examinations
The online assessment is taken on completion of the training material. You will be asked 50 multiple choice questions with a pass mark of 60%. The answers are marked automatically so you will instantly know whether you have passed. If you don’t pass don’t worry! You can take the test as many times as you need with no extra charge.
Whether you are a student on our platform or not we encourage you to email your enquires to our friendly team if you need help with anything at email@example.com