An enterprise’s success can be greatly affected by the efficiency of its stores operations; efficient stores management can save money, help retain customers and maintain continuous operations; but stores mismanagement can lose an enterprise money, customers and production. A stores manager must be able to manage stores, stockyards and inventory; and plan, organise and coordinate inventory work; and train, supervise and control stores personnel; this Program teaches how that is done, and how to carry our stores management and stock control tasks effectively and professionally.
- Developed by Chartered Warehousing Management Professionals/Experts
- Accredited by Chartered Institute of Warehousing and Materials Management
- Fully online course and assessment with no time limits
- Minimum of 4 Hours Study/ Reading Per Day
- Course Fee:$250 USD
Who Should Take This Stores Management Course?
This workshop would be particularly beneficial to professionals and others with responsibility for warehousing, stock keeping or inventory control including planners, finance personnel, and personnel involved in production and operations.
Certification and Accreditation
All of our courses are accredited by the Chartered Institute of Warehousing and Materials Management Certification Service as conforming to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines. The courses offered by the College are unique as they take a very “hands on” approach. Our courses are not designed to teach you just the “theory” behind the industry – they are written and tutored by industry professionals and will fast-track you into a new career of your choice.
Sample Certificate (click to view)
How Does This Online Training Work?
Once you register for your course of study, you’ll receive a log-in and password for the online page. When you log-in, you’ll have access to the practice examination, study pack or pdf materials and other resources.
After you’ve gone through these materials and feel ready to take the examination, you can schedule yourself for the online examination.
The course is divided into 10 accessible, interactive modules and includes an assessment at the end:
- Warehousing and stores management in the overall supply chain
- The Organisational Structure of a warehouse
- The Role of the Stores Manager
- The Role of Planning in the Stores Function and the relationship between stores and other departments
- Physical aspects of stores management
- Location and construction
- Layout and organisation
- Types of Buildings and equipment
- Stock Classification and types of inventory
- Storekeeping Procedures
- Receipts of Stock
- Issues of Stock
- Order Quantities and Rules
- Safety Stock
- Obsolescence and write-offs
- Stock Identification and Recording Systems
- Coding and other recent methods including RFID
- Warehouse Management Systems
- Stores Security
- The OSH legislation as it affects storekeeping and warehousing
- Types of Stocktaking
- Organisation for Stocktaking
- Verification and Discrepancies
- Measuring Performance in storekeeping and warehousing
- E-Stores Management
Aims of the Stores Management Training
By the end of this training programme participants will learn how to:
- Understand terms that are frequently used in store management
- Identify the goals and objectives of inventory management, and measure their process against these goals
- Calculate safety stock, reorder points, and order quantities
- Evaluate inventory management systems
- Identify the parts of the inventory cycle
Assessment /Online Examinations
The online assessment is taken on completion of the training material. You will be asked 50 multiple choice questions with a pass mark of 60%. The answers are marked automatically so you will instantly know whether you have passed. If you don’t pass don’t worry! You can take the test as many times as you need with no extra charge.
Whether you are a student on our platform or not we encourage you to email your enquires to our friendly team if you need help with anything at email@example.com